Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kanye West Concert Rumor...

I have been getting a lot of emails, MySpace messages and calls about a rumor that Kanye West is coming to Billings in February.

NOT TRUE!!!

At least not at this point. I traced the rumor back to a radio station in Missoula. They were talking the show up on the air and even had it advertised on their website. Well, I got some info about the show from the station and they said Kanye was playing the Shrine on February 12th. Yeah...I know...Kanye at the Shrine?!? The station was sure the concert was legit. But I made some calls and found out there is a basketball tournament at the Shrine that day and Kanye is not booked at all. The Metra also has an event that weekend, so it couldnt even be that just the venue was wrong.

This seems to be a case of a promoter who is full of crap, and a radio station that didnt really check out all of the facts.

I wish that Kanye was coming, and hope he does. But I can assure you that the show will not be at the Shrine, and unfortunately, it probably wont happen anytime soon in Montana.

No comments: